June 13th, 2013
This report lays out a wide-ranging plan for economic progress. It is a plan that encompasses investment and reform. It is a plan that proposes doing more of some things but, importantly, it is a plan to do more things well.
The agenda presented here is based on what we know makes an economy grow and prosper and what we know are the keys to good jobs and a good quality of life, including:
* A well-educated, secure, and growing middle class that underpins strong demand, entrepreneurialism, innovation, and productivity
* Greater private and public investments deployed more strategically
* A fair playing field for business and workers, both domestically and internationally
* Leadership in science and technology
* Effective institutions and governance